Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Creating Intention


I am not a religious person.  But I am very spiritual.  I believe in a higher power.  You may call that higher power God, Buddha, Allah, the Universe.  You may call it that which resides within you - your higher self, or your best self.  Whatever resonates for you, that is the place from which I'm writing this post today.

"Good morning.  This is God.  I will be handling all of your problems today.  I will not need your help, so have a miraculous day."

The late, great Wayne Dyer wrote these words.  He is without a doubt one of my favorite teachers.  I've read and re-read his books for years.  One of my favorites is The Power of Intention. His message is this:  everything you want for yourself, for your life, for your family - it is all there for you.  By creating intention, using your imagination, and practicing the art of assuming the feeling of your intention being fulfilled, while at the same time stubbornly refusing any distractions to get you off track, you will discover, simply by virtue of your spiritual awareness, that have the ability to become the person you wish to be.

Wow, right?

He goes on to say, "Our creative power is the ability to convert the energy of our thoughts into a newly materialized form.  Manifestation is the result.  Beginning with one intention at a time, you can learn how to manifest anything in your life."



So, I guess this is what my radical self-care is all about.  It's about living a life of wellness - in body, mind, and spirit - intentionally creating that for myself, in order to manifest the dreams I have about my career and my future.  I suppose it's what this blog is about, too.  Setting that intention, putting it out there, sharing it with all of you, so that you will bear witness to what I wish to manifest.  My hope is that it will be an inspiration for you if you are looking for inspiration, or a wake-up call if you're as I was, asleep at the wheel of your life.

What would you like to manifest in your life?  What intention would you declare right here, right now?  As always, I'd love to hear what you think.


No comments: